Ready to start 2019 off on the right foot? There’s no better way to welcome the new year than with newly formed habits and resolutions, and here at White Glove, we believe proper house cleaning habits are one of the most rewarding resolutions you can make.
With the hectic nature of our everyday lives, keeping your home in pristine condition can be easier said than done. But if you take these tips to heart and implement them into your new routine for 2019, you can stick to an ideal house cleaning schedule and keep things under control. Here at White Glove, we’ve compiled a list of daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks to help you successfully achieve this worthwhile New Year’s resolution. If you decide that you don’t want to tackle it all yourself, book our Spokane house cleaning services online today for weekly or monthly visits to your home to make life easier.
House Cleaning Breakdown: Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Tasks
When it comes to proper house cleaning, there are some items that require attention on a close-to-daily basis, but there are also other less-thought-of tasks that will need to be completed weekly or monthly. While this schedule does not need to be followed to a T, determining how often each house cleaning task needs to be completed in your home can help you plan out your cleaning schedule accordingly.
Daily House Cleaning Tasks
Start implementing these minor cleaning tasks into your daily routine to experience a more well-maintained home as well as an improved sense of productivity throughout your day.
- Make your bed
- Transfer dirty clothes to the hamper
- Empty sink and wash dishes
- Wipe down sinks and counters in the bathroom
- Wipe down the kitchen counter after preparing food
- Spot vacuum to pick up occasional messes
- Pick up the kids’ or pets’ toys and other random clutter around the house
Weekly House Cleaning Tasks
The following are the majority of the house cleaning tasks that you should perform on a weekly basis in order to achieve a consistently clean and organized home. If you find the list to be too extensive or outside of your capabilities, you can always hire a house cleaning service like ours at White Glove serving the Spokane Valley.
- Wash linens and laundry
- Clean out the microwave, oven, fridge, and other appliances
- Disinfect countertops, doorknobs, stove handles, and other surfaces
- Wash bathroom rugs
- Dust furniture
- Vacuum all carpets thoroughly
- Sweep all hard floors
- Sort through and throw away bills, receipts, and other paperwork
- Clean toilets
- Mop bathroom floors and kitchen floors
Monthly House Cleaning Tasks
These are certainly the most dreaded house cleaning chores of them all, but if you can stick to a routine of knocking them out on a monthly basis, you and your home will feel much more organized this year! At the same time, these are ideal tasks to leave to the house cleaning professionals like ours at White Glove Cleaning Services. So if you find that some of these deep cleaning monthly tasks are not in the cards for you, don’t stress! Just give us a call.
- Clean windows
- Clean and dust walls and baseboards
- Vacuum furniture upholstery
- Dust and clean out HVAC vents
- “Deep clean” underneath furniture and other areas
- Clean bathroom tubs and showers
- Wipe down your keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment
- Wash the walls and floors thoroughly
Make 2019 Sparkle With White Glove House Cleaning Services
We hope this house cleaning plan helps you to form your own schedule for keeping your New Year’s resolution of a clean home alive and well throughout the year. The new year is also a perfect time to hire cleaning services to get the job done right and ensure your home stays consistently clean week after week — even with your busy schedule.