Have you ever spent an entire weekend cleaning your home? And while you were house cleaning, did you ever think perhaps there was a better way than this? White Glove Cleaning Services, a Top Rated Local® cleaning service in Spokane who specializes in residential and commercial cleaning services, believes a little cleaning up of specific items each day can save your weekends. Read our tips below, and contact us for your professional cleaning service needs!
WHAT TO CLEAN IN YOUR HOME DAILY
- Hand towels. A recent study showed hand towels harbor the most bacteria in your home (as does bath towels) due to their constant use. Switch out your towels at least once every couple of days or once a day if used frequently while kitchen cleaning and bathroom cleaning.
- Kitchen countertops. Think about what you put on your kitchen counters: car keys, purse, groceries, homework, drinks, books, laptop, wallet, and whatever else is in your hands. Don’t forget your animal counter-surfers, either your precious cat (and we all know where its paws have been) or your dog’s mouth. Kitchen countertops need to be wiped down and disinfected every day with a separate towelette to avoid cross contamination in your kitchen cleaning routine.
- Shower walls. After your shower, simply use a squeegee or other means to dry the walls. This will prevent the formation of mildew, which is irksome to scrub later on as most of us know, and an easy item to add to your daily house cleaning.
- Kitchen sinks. Leaving dirty dishes in your sink is just the start. The sink catches all of the germs and bacteria you are washing off your hands and other items you rinse. And if your sink doubles as a garbage disposal, it especially needs to be cleaned. White Glove Cleaning recommends scrubbing the sides to ensure it’s free of marks and food and then fill the basin, add in a bit of bleach, and let sit for five minutes to kill everything off. Your bathroom sink should be cleaned this way on a weekly basis.
- Coffee maker. Your coffee maker is a breeding ground for bacteria once the grounds are wet, and mold growth if left unattended for a few days. Most drip coffee makers are dishwasher-safe or some warm soapy water will do the trick. Don’t forget to wipe down the warming plate, especially if some coffee dripped out, as part of your daily house cleaning.
- Kitchen floor. If you dropped any crumbs on the floor, bugs will find it. A quick once-over with your swiffer will pick up all the crumbs, which will not only keep the bugs away, but will make it pleasant to walk on with bare feet. Also, while kitchen cleaning, picking up items left on the floor (backpacks, dog bones, shoes, clothes, and toys) once a day will make your home much cleaner in the long run.
White Glove Cleaning Services in Spokane believes daily house cleaning will eliminate the need for a wasted weekend. If you do the little things every day, the deep cleaning will go by in no-time, leaving you free to go on a walk, take your kids to the park, or just sit and relax by the fire with a good book and a cat on your lap. White Glove Cleaning specializes in house cleaning services. We’ll do all the vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning for you, so you can enjoy your entire weekend. Our staff of professional cleaners will clean your home as if it is their own. If for any reason you’re not satisfied, we’ll make it right. If you are interested in a house cleaning service, contact White Glove Cleaning today for a free estimate!